Limited Hybrid Sesshin
DECEMBER ROHATSU 2023 7-DAY SESSHIN [Español]
Starts—Saturday, December 9 at 7:00 p.m.
Ends—Saturday, December 16 at around 1:30 p.m.
Application Deadline—Saturday, November 18
Full time applicants only
General Sesshin Information
Full-Time Residential Requirements
Only full-time applicants will be accepted for Rohatsu sesshin. There is no part-time option. For Rohatsu:
- You must be a member of the Triple Sangha.
- You must be either Roshi Graef or Roshi Henderson's student.
- If you are using public transportation to travel to sesshin, you must arrive two days beforehand so that you can test for Covid.
- You must use a rapid home test on the day of sesshin and receive a negative result.
Reminders About Sesshins
- If there is any change in your sesshin status, contact Roshi. Please do not contact Ramiro, Nowa, or anyone else.
- The sesshin fee as well as your membership dues, if you are a member of the VZC, must be paid in full before the deadline for sesshin applications. If this is a hardship for you, please contact Jed Graef.
- Several days after the application deadline you will receive an e-mail formally confirming your acceptance to the sesshin and with information about how to connect via Zoom (for virtual participants) as well as your dokusan group number and dokusan procedures. If you have any questions about the sesshin or sesshin procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the Center.
Pointers About Virtual Sesshins
- The virtual option is only for those who live beyond a nine hour drive of the VZC.
- For Rohatsu sesshin, you must attend full time.
- Maintain silence throughout the sesshin.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Recite the meal chants at breakfast and dinner.
- During sittings, it is best not to face your camera, but rather sideways. Please do not sit with your back to the camera. During chanting and teisho, face the camera. Your video should be on at all times except during breaks and meals.
- Unless you live alone, it is essential that you consult with those in your household about your sesshin expectations. Don't wait until the last minute to do so. The success of your sesshin depends on good communication with those with whom you share living space.