February 2022 3-day Sesshin
Starts: Thursday, February 17 at 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, February 20 at approx 1:30 p.m.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2022
No Residential Option
At this time we are not offering a residential option for the February sesshin due to concerns about the Omicron variant.
General Reminders About Sesshins
- Please note that if there is any change in your sesshin status, you must contact Roshi.
- The sesshin fee as well as your membership dues, if you are a member of the VZC, must be paid in full before the deadline for sesshin applications (see sidebar). If this is a hardship for you, please contact Jed Graef. Likewise, if you are unable to pay the sesshin fee, please contact Jed.
- Several days after the application deadline you will receive an e-mail formally confirming your acceptance to the sesshin and with information about how to connect via Zoom (for virtual participants) as well as your dokusan group number and dokusan procedures.
If you have any questions about the sesshin or sesshin procedures, please do not hesitate to contact the Center.
- We encourage you to maintain silence throughout the sesshin to the extent you are able.
- Try to plan your meals in advance. Eat in silence if possible and, if you can, recite the meal chants.
- During sittings, it is best not to face your camera, but rather sideways. Please do not sit with your back to the camera. During chanting and teisho, please face the camera. Your video should be on at all times unless you are not at the sitting.
- It is essential that you consult with family members about your sesshin expectations. Don't wait until the last minute to do this. The success of your sesshin depends on good communication with those with whom you share living space.
We look forward to seeing you.